sözaltı news World
World
EN AZ
Iran war live: Trump rejects MoU extension as US claims control of Hormuz

Iran war live: Trump rejects MoU extension as US claims control of Hormuz

aljazeera.com 18.08.2026 02:00 10 baxış
US president says Iran should 'put up the white flag of surrender' as the two nations’ MoU expired on Monday.

Bryan Clark, a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute, says Washington has limited room left to escalate its blockade of Iranian ports without facing significant risk to US forces. Clark told Al Jazeera that no war in history had ever been won purely through air power. He said the US’s only remaining military option would be to “open the [Strait of Hormuz] and use force to basically protect shipping going through it,” which would require naval and air forces to actively defend commercial traffic—a step Washington has so far avoided.

Clark predicted that the standoff would ultimately resolve with “the Iranians and the Yemenis controlling the strait with some kind of fee arrangement,” leaving Washington needing “some kind of fig leaf that allows them to at least argue that they’ve resolved it in a way that’s not damaging to US interests.”

Extract — continue reading at the source.

Read full story