sözaltı news World
World
EN AZ
Ukrainian strikes kill six in Russia, acting governor says

Ukrainian strikes kill six in Russia, acting governor says

bbc.co.uk 17.08.2026 07:38 11 baxış
A 14-year-old child was among four others injured, the acting governor of Russia's Belgorod region says.

Six people have been killed and four injured in Ukrainian missile strikes on Russia's Belgorod region overnight, its acting governor has said. A 14-year-old child was among those injured, Alexander Shuvaev wrote on Telegram early on Monday. The strikes come a night after what officials called the "largest-scale" attack launched by Ukraine this year, in which at least seven people were killed.

Russian attacks on Ukraine also killed at least seven people and injured more than 39 on the same night. Shuvaev said that the latest strikes had burned a building and damaged a car in the village of Koloskovo in the Valuysky district, which is close to Russia's border with Ukraine. The injured child had been sent to hospital while two others had received medical assistance, he added.

Moscow has intensified missile attacks across Ukraine in recent weeks, with Kyiv also stepping up drone strikes deep inside Russia. Both warring sides accuse each other of targeting civilians.

Extract — continue reading at the source.

Read full story