sözaltı news World
World
EN AZ
‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says

‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says

aljazeera.com 18.08.2026 01:25 10 baxış
Trump's son-in-law and envoy says US will not 'restrict Israel's right to defend itself' as strikes on Gaza continue.

United States envoy Jared Kushner has stressed that the administration of President Donald Trump will not allow reconstruction in the devastated Gaza Strip until Hamas gives up its weapons. Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, held talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday, but the meeting did not produce a breakthrough to implement a roadmap for Gaza that Hamas already agreed to. But Israel rejected the proposal earlier this month, saying that it would not make any concessions until Gaza is fully demilitarised.

In the interview with Fox News, Kushner – whose family has deep personal ties to Netanyahu – appeared to adopt the Israeli viewpoint in emphasising the full demilitarisation of Hamas before Israeli withdrawal. Overall, Israel’s genocidal war on Gaza has killed 73,399 Palestinians since October 2023. Earlier on Monday, Trump called for an end to the Israeli strikes.

Hamas agreed to lay down their weapons,” the US president said. Over the past three years, the US has given Israel about $25bn in military aid and defended the Netanyahu government at international forums, including by imposing sanctions on International Criminal Court officials investigating the atrocities in Gaza. Kushner emphasised that the Gaza deal benefits Israel.

The US envoy said the talks were “very cordial” but that Washington would judge Hamas based on the group’s actions.

Extract — continue reading at the source.

Read full story